I hate thugs

Post queries regarding your Mk3 Cavalier's bodywork and interior (welding, body kits, seats, upholstery etc.) here
cav cdx

I hate thugs

Post by cav cdx »

I go out this morning to wash and polich my cav and some gealous horrible little tw*t has gone and keyd my car all the way around im absolutely gutted as the body work was amazing. :wall :fight :fight :cry

Ive been looking for paint for the last week because my mate stupidly broke the fuel cap cover of (tit) when he was putting fuel in the car. :evil:

Does anyone know where i can get magic grey paint from because nowhere round by were i live can get it, i expect vauxhall would but i would expect it to be a bit on the expensive side.
CAVS RULE
Gaz

Re: I hate thugs

Post by Gaz »

find a paint supplier in the yellow pages take the car down and get them to match it. simplest way.
Colorado

Post by Colorado »

Idiots why do they do it its so pointless.
branny361

Post by branny361 »

sick jealous tw*ts
now running a swedish vauxhall...

the old cav vid
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YYC4wHjqAhw

the new saab vid
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h-K5L6UDGFk
Squig

Post by Squig »

there is one vauxhall paint code with 2 actual colour varients for the magic mica grey paint so colour matching is the best option. As Gaz says, find a yellow pages... where are you?
Elwood Blues: "Our Lady of Blessed Acceleration, don't fail me now!"

Gaz loses sleep for my car and helps me with parts at ungodly hours of the day. Awesome
cav cdx

Post by cav cdx »

I am in north wales. a paint shop by me has match the paint £45 for 1/2 a litre :o
CAVS RULE
Squig

Post by Squig »

ouch! :o
Elwood Blues: "Our Lady of Blessed Acceleration, don't fail me now!"

Gaz loses sleep for my car and helps me with parts at ungodly hours of the day. Awesome
Gaz

Post by Gaz »

cav cdx wrote:I am in north wales. a paint shop by me has match the paint £45 for 1/2 a litre :o
Thats gotta be waterbased, no way is that 2pac
oojimmyflip

Post by oojimmyflip »

I over filled some keyed deep scratches with a halfords touch up brush and let it dry for three weeks without washing the car (in the summer) I then used T-cut colour restorer on a clean cotton rag a t-shirt is ideal it slowley erroded the surface down to a decent level, left it for a day to dry and polished the car. it looked like new.

as for paint some respray or panel body repairers have celulose based paints on the shelf and might just have your colour,
it's worth a try but you will probably have to take the paint code with you and ask in person.( sorry didnt read properly I see youve found some I'd buy it anyway at £45 you never know when you'll need some in the future).

hope it all works out for you.

regards Nigel. :wave :wave :wave
simonbach

Post by simonbach »

Gaz wrote:
cav cdx wrote:I am in north wales. a paint shop by me has match the paint £45 for 1/2 a litre :o
Thats gotta be waterbased, no way is that 2pac
its a clear over base colour so i take it your refering to the base coat and not the laquer?
as for prices solvent based is being phased out but it ranges from £15-£100 per litre.water based is more expensive ranging from £50-£150 a litre .
if you went to a local car paint and panel shop it was probaly solvent based and not water based,water based has to be used in bodyshops by law now as it has lower voc levels,solvent based is mostly just being used by "fred in the shed" type people as waterbased is harder to use with out expensive guns and drying equiptment.
i painted 2 sides of my gsi last year,i think i paid £52 for 1 litre of base coat,£50 for 5 litres of 2k laquer,as a rule of thumb solvent base coat is mixed 1:1 with thinners so 1/2 litre atcualy makes 1 litre of paint.
£45 isnt bad for half a litre but if you was to buy say 1 litre it wouldnt of cost much more.all this is pretty irrevelnt though unless your feeling like taking on the job of repainting it your self.
any paint related questions feel free to ask me as i was a qualified paint sprayer for 7 or 8 years untill i got bored of long hours and little money