A few more questions :P

Post queries regarding your Mk3 Cavalier's bodywork and interior (welding, body kits, seats, upholstery etc.) here
Pimpvehicle

A few more questions :P

Post by Pimpvehicle »

When i remove the side strips will there just be glue underneath or holes in the doors?
Any advice on cold air feed locations?
To mesh the front grill are there any screw points on the back to screw it down?
What size bolts hold the bonnet? As in M6/M8
The trim underneath the headlight is it removable?
Anyone got any stripped interior pictures?
Do single wiper conversions exist?
How do you remove the front and rear bumper?

Thanks in advance
btcctroy
Mk3 Cavalier Rust Buster

Re: A few more questions :P

Post by btcctroy »

When i remove the side strips will there just be glue underneath or holes in the doors?
glue
Any advice on cold air feed locations?
where air box feeds
To mesh the front grill are there any screw points on the back to screw it down?
have a look pal
What size bolts hold the bonnet? As in M6/M8
m6
The trim underneath the headlight is it removable?
with drill and angle grinder
Anyone got any stripped interior pictures?
maybe some1 else can help
Do single wiper conversions exist?
yes
How do you remove the front and rear bumper?
front bumper bolts to the chassis
rear bumber mounts inside the boot on cavs without irs. rear valance on gsi, turbe
....with a brew and my favourite biscuits.
Pimpvehicle

Post by Pimpvehicle »

Thanks mon, its just i havent got the car yet, im paying it off slowly as im currently brassic :(.
Wrote my last car off badly and not getting a penny back so meh lol.
I havent yet seen any other gold cavaliers on here but this will be mine soon:

I test drove it to mine to see how my alloys look fitted, and i think they look pretty good compared to the rears :lol:

Heres my last car :cry:
Robsey
Club Admin

Post by Robsey »

Here is a thread from another site, which refers to info about stripping a Cav out...dash board etc.

http://www.vauxhallownersnetwork.co.uk/ ... hp?t=77971

Hope it helps
Pimpvehicle

Post by Pimpvehicle »

Rob do you happen to have the exact link as its just taking me to the index page.
Thanks
Robsey
Club Admin

Post by Robsey »

http://www.vauxhallownersnetwork.co.uk/ ... hp?t=77971

Hi there,

this should get you there...sorry about that, must have mis-copied and pasted the link

Rob.
Pimpvehicle

Post by Pimpvehicle »

Thanks Rob :thumb, people are really useful on this site.

So what do people think to my pimp mobile :lol:
Robsey
Club Admin

Post by Robsey »

Looks quite sound from here, but I would concern myself with Gold paint...
I thought that this was notoriously hard to colour match.

I personally am from a different school of thought from you...possibly because I'm a sad old git, but I have more or less kept my exterior as standard.
Less chance of jealous scrotes trashing or attempting to steel it..

It is mainly my dash that has been pimped...purely for ease and convenience - oh and to be just a little different. I do a lot of driving, and so the built-in sat nav is in constant use!!

It is always nice though to see the car develope from a basic "used looking" car to a new improved and shiney piece of art.

Regarding the gang here...yes they are a knowledgeable bunch who are always happy to help if they can.
Pimpvehicle

Post by Pimpvehicle »

Il give you that, you have done great work with the interior.

Sounding like a bad driver but even know this is my 9th car (at 19) i still want to strip it out and make it faster.
Iv only ever crashed once honest lol. Its amazing how much weight can be took out of a standard car and improve virtually everything! I know that it makes the interior look naff but im still in that stupid era of going fast..

I was thinking remove:

Everything but the front seats, dashboard (Excluding the centre console) and front door cards.
To remove the sunroof i would have to get an alloy plate riveted over the hole.
But sunroofs weigh an absolute ton :shock:, i remember remvoing one from my 2nd car at 15 out of a mk1 mondeo and i dropped it on myself from being so heavy :lol:.

I was thinking about maybe stickering it up like the BTCC cars but on a gold car it wouild be an epic fail but then i thought about 2 tone, bottom half in black maybe? If anyone here could photoshop it that would be amazing.
Robsey
Club Admin

Post by Robsey »

You may need to post a new thread in the photo shop section.

And you should get a few replies by mid-afternoon.
The forum is very quiet at this time of the morning.

I understand the wish to go fast, but on the other hand consider all those plonkers out there who just step into the road, or just pull out on you, expecting you to stop!!

I ain't going to preach. you're old enough to know the consequences of your own actions - good and bad.

I'm here purely to help where I can, just like the rest of the gang on here.
(hopefully I didn't sound like your grandad!!) lol :lol:
Pimpvehicle

Post by Pimpvehicle »

Lol its all good, plus where i live we have roads with no speed limits 24/7 =P Legally.
Plus stripping a car out isnt always about speed, it improves MPG, breaking, cornering etc. Also i like stripped interiors for some reason, and prefer to have 2 bucket seats with harnesses than a full car using seatbelts. I also am not very fond of airbags..

But hey, thats me.

And after loosing to many friends etc i dont speed unless its safe to do so.
Squig

Post by Squig »

re sunroof it would be less leaky to have a plate professionally welded in rather than rivet it down.

Ls is a good base to start with, as they come with very little meaning you can add lots! I like my toys and creature comforts... Cruise control for those pesky motorways, heated seats for cold mornings, variable wiper speed for annoyingly light drizzle, trip computer to remove the guess work out of when to be filling up... big v6 to get around my belly!

But I do like the idea of total strip out... get some sheet aluminium for door cards :twisted: and don't forget the LS may have a few kg of wiring it won't need...
Elwood Blues: "Our Lady of Blessed Acceleration, don't fail me now!"

Gaz loses sleep for my car and helps me with parts at ungodly hours of the day. Awesome
Pimpvehicle

Post by Pimpvehicle »

There was a guy on a Rover forum i was once on, he used an alloy plate, all he did was silicone it and rivet it down..

Last night whilst in bed, i was thinking what i could use for doorcards. Alloy sheet would end up being heavier than the original. Then i thought Perspex! But not just any perspex, clear perspex lol for the back doors.. Id personally keep the front door cards and dash as a minimum as i have learnt from my experiences. My MG ZS before the Coupe i crashed only had door cards, cut up dash with no heaters. It really was a FAIL with no heaters.

I just hope Cavs dont have that sound proofing thats sorta melted onto the body and is a right tw*t to get off.
Squig

Post by Squig »

some models do in areas I afraid
Elwood Blues: "Our Lady of Blessed Acceleration, don't fail me now!"

Gaz loses sleep for my car and helps me with parts at ungodly hours of the day. Awesome