swaping gsi kit for sri kit

Post queries regarding your Mk3 Cavalier's bodywork and interior (welding, body kits, seats, upholstery etc.) here
loopylees69

swaping gsi kit for sri kit

Post by loopylees69 »

hey guys, iv got a gsi kit on my hatch back, with the back skirt modified to fit, but wanin ti change it for an sri kit

iv still got my original skirts so just gona paint them an put them back on,
but taking off rear gsi skirt would mean that it would need rebuilt if anybody wanted to refit it

but i am on the look out for sri sideskirts an end caps if anybody has any

im not expecting them free, but would be up for a swap, gsi skirts for sri skirts or would sell kit

Spectralcav

Re: swaping gsi kit for sri kit

Post by Spectralcav »

Why not just remove the rear bumper as a whole and replace it with an SRi bumper - they're the same as every other facelift cav rear bumper apart from the red stripe. Either that or you'll have to remove the bumper skin (the colour coded part) from the bumper structure and replace that with the skin from another facelift cav.

If you replace the GSi skirts with SRi ones, do you plan on removing the GSi door mouldings? I guess they've been bonded on to the doors?!
humbucker
Club Admin

Re: swaping gsi kit for sri kit

Post by humbucker »

TurboDave has a full SRi kit going for free and he's in Fife which is a bit closer than most. Check the FOR SALE section.