fitting bodykit

Post queries regarding your Mk3 Cavalier's bodywork and interior (welding, body kits, seats, upholstery etc.) here
humbucker
Club Admin

fitting bodykit

Post by humbucker »

hi all

this might be a catalyst for a how2, but im sourcing a gsi kit for my cdx and it suddenly dawned on me that im not exactly sure how it fits to the car! any advice from the experts on here would be appreciated!

thanks in advance!
Envoy CDX
Club Admin

Re: fitting bodykit

Post by Envoy CDX »

bumpers are straight forward enough, its the door panel and side skirts that take the work.
You'll need the clips, a drill, some rivets and a rivet gun to do it right.
Check the Rules!

Raw 8v Power! - Bad Cav, Naughty Cav... Cav want's to do 90!

The How2 Index
humbucker
Club Admin

Post by humbucker »

can you give me a bit more info on what to do? the bumpers grille etc will be fairly straightforward but the skirts and door panels etc are new territory for me, the elite has the skirts and spolier on already. what's involved with the boot spoiler, drilling through the boot? thanks in advance
Squig

Post by Squig »

essentially you measure where the mounting rivets should line up then drill and rivet... the skirts then clip on with a couple of self tapers in the ends
Elwood Blues: "Our Lady of Blessed Acceleration, don't fail me now!"

Gaz loses sleep for my car and helps me with parts at ungodly hours of the day. Awesome
Gaz

Post by Gaz »

its simple enough but measure plenty of times and use some quality adhesive, they are all shaped anyway so you wont have the hassle of making them fit
humbucker
Club Admin

Post by humbucker »

Gaz wrote:its simple enough but measure plenty of times and use some quality adhesive, they are all shaped anyway so you wont have the hassle of making them fit
hmmn... it might be simple but with absolutely no prior knowledge of this kind of thing i really dont know how to go about sticking the door panels and skirts on. any chance of a step by step if anyones got the time? really not sure what im doing with this one!! what kind of adhesive do i need? and which clips are required for which bit? and where can i get 'em?!?

cheers! :?
humbucker
Club Admin

Post by humbucker »

ok so i found this which might be of use to anyone with the same kind of question(s)... details sri skirts but principal is the same as far as i can tell...

http://www.vauxhallownersnetwork.co.uk/ ... ide+skirts
Squig

Post by Squig »

autovaux sold me the clips for the skirts... but I had a bodyshop fit mine (lazy! :D )
Elwood Blues: "Our Lady of Blessed Acceleration, don't fail me now!"

Gaz loses sleep for my car and helps me with parts at ungodly hours of the day. Awesome
humbucker
Club Admin

Post by humbucker »

Squig wrote:autovaux sold me the clips for the skirts... but I had a bodyshop fit mine (lazy! :D )
the thought had crossed my mind...!! think im going to spray 'em up first though whatever i decide to do...
humbucker
Club Admin

Post by humbucker »

Squig wrote:autovaux sold me the clips for the skirts... but I had a bodyshop fit mine (lazy! :D )
incidentally how much did you pay for your kit to be fitted by a bodyshop?
humbucker
Club Admin

Post by humbucker »

well i got all my clips and rivets and bits and bobs to get the kit on, but i just wondered if adding a turbo/gsi bumper (front or back) to the cav in place of the existing cdx bumper do i need any additional clips or brackets? is it a like for like fit just the shape of the bumper is different? noticed someone advertising rear bumper brackets for a turbo kit and wondered if this was any different to what i already have. i assumed i could just pop the turbo bumper on in place of the old cdx one?
Gaz

Post by Gaz »

how much were the side skirt clips?

As for fitment of the back bumper they are all the same under the kit so i would have thought they were all the same.