Saab Leathers

Post queries regarding your Mk3 Cavalier's bodywork and interior (welding, body kits, seats, upholstery etc.) here
Mikebmth

Saab Leathers

Post by Mikebmth »

Hey guys,

Been perusing the bay of E again and some cracking deals on Saab bigger bolster leather seats but would seats from a 93 or 95 fit the Cavs?

Also would the rear bench fit??

Ta
Free Parking is a bonus, leaving my Cav in a carbon dust filled carpark is not.....
belmont_dazz

Re: Saab Leathers

Post by belmont_dazz »

Quick answer no.
You can get the backs to fit but the Saab rear seat belt/headrest frame doesn't fit unless you chop it down (means the seat backs aren't fixed down at the top) bottom part fits fine though. The front seats are no where near but what I did was weld a cav runner to the bottom of the Saab runner. It lifts the seat up an inch but Saab seats are lower down than cav seats any how.
This was front electric seats I fit but I'm certain the normal seats are the same.
humbucker
Club Admin

Post by humbucker »

I tried to fit Saab 95 Aero leather into a Cavalier without success. I should point out, I didn't buy the Swede seats in order to fit them into my Vauxhall, but I had a spares and thought I'd try fitting them on the off-chance that they sat pretty. The bottom line is that they're too wide. You might have more luck going for smaller seats like the (incredibly comfortable) front leathers out of a classic Saab 900.

I also bought a set of Sapphire Cosworth Recaros to fit into the Cavalier. They looked great, but they weren't in the best condition, leading me to sell them in favour of a set of re-trimmed Turbo 4x4 seats. More on those to follow in my project thread.
Mikebmth

Post by Mikebmth »

Cheers guys, thought I'd ask as Cavalier / Calibra leather getting rare in good condition.

Unfortunately don't have fabricating skills etc so looking for something that is a bolt in job, did consider Vectra B ones but don't like them tbh.
Free Parking is a bonus, leaving my Cav in a carbon dust filled carpark is not.....
humbucker
Club Admin

Post by humbucker »

What's your budget? I'd be prepared to let my Turbo leathers go at the right price
Mikebmth

Post by Mikebmth »

Probably a lot less than you'd want....

I mean I was looking up to around a ton online, plus mine is a hatch so Turbo rear wouldn't go in I don't believe