Boot badges

Post queries regarding your Mk3 Cavalier's bodywork and interior (welding, body kits, seats, upholstery etc.) here
chrisash86

Boot badges

Post by chrisash86 »

Hi everyone I've manage to acquire some boot badges second hand but they have lost all there silver colour and are black. Has anyone sprayed or painted their boot badges back to silver? Cheers
James McGrath
Club Admin

Re: Boot badges

Post by James McGrath »

This is something I've been thinking about experimenting with for a long time.

They aren't actually silver but rather a mirror finish.
They used to make mirrors using silver nitrate, I've done it before when I was doing my chemistry A-level.
I had the idea of using that method. Not sure if it will work though as they are plastic obviously and not glass.
Mk3alan

Post by Mk3alan »

I needed a badge (CDX) for my mk4 Astra door. I made a mould from silicone sealant and cast the letters in araldite. Tidied them up a bit afterwards, primed and sprayed them with a chrome finish paint, they looked really good, until I lacquered them and they lost their chrominess.
Still better than none though!

Alan
VectraGoVroom

Post by VectraGoVroom »

On mine I used a silver paint pen, using some cotton buds to dab the paint and blend in the swirl marks. It's not very durable, I need to touch it up a few times a year, but it looks decent enough for a couple coins and a few minutes of work.
Call them Cavs, but mine's a Veccy. <3
joe cavalier sri

Post by joe cavalier sri »

i have the cavalier badge that says cavalier mint nick used i do believe it was one of the last off the shelf at vauxhall as i got it from vauxhall if your after one ?