General interior woes..

Post queries regarding your Mk3 Cavalier's bodywork and interior (welding, body kits, seats, upholstery etc.) here
Envoy CDX
Club Admin

General interior woes..

Post by Envoy CDX »

So, this is neither a fault or a fix, but it doesn't really fall under general discussions either so.. here it is.. as it may fix something for other peoples.

So, as we all know - the Cavalier interior is not gawd awful, but it isn't exactly inspiring any more either.. I dislike full leather and cloth seats are at best either extortionate for a decent interior, rather gaudy if cheap or thread worn and holing.

So, what alternatives do we have? What seats will bolt right in there? What seats have the best of both worlds?
What seats can be made to fit with reasonable work.

Whilst the cav has been stripped down for restoration I had it in my mind to start looking at other vehicles to see what could be adapted, modified, ripped out and improved on - however, as these things go (and the fact I am incredibly lazy) this just hasn't happened. I don't want to start welding new runners to other seats where possible, however I am not adverse to measuring up, cutting out seat mounts and building into the Cav (I know, odd right..)

So, do I stay GM? Do I look at other manufactures? I mean, Renault make some amazing seats.. but would they fit (reasonably).. The obvious is to look at Astra and Vectra interiors, but that said - the Vectra B rear base is actually narrower than the Cav's from memory..

HELP!!!!!!!
Check the Rules!

Raw 8v Power! - Bad Cav, Naughty Cav... Cav want's to do 90!

The How2 Index
Envoy CDX
Club Admin

Re: General interior woes..

Post by Envoy CDX »

Oh, and this is before I even get onto the Dashboard itself :thumb
Check the Rules!

The How2 Index
Robsey
Club Admin

Post by Robsey »

Am I right in thinking that Gaz fitted Alfa Romeo seats in his car?

Could look into his WIP to see if that marque would be aesthetically adequate.
Envoy CDX
Club Admin

Post by Envoy CDX »

It maybe the case. But will have to have a look see.
Check the Rules!

The How2 Index