Cavalier V6. 2 mats missing

Post queries regarding your Mk3 Cavalier's bodywork and interior (welding, body kits, seats, upholstery etc.) here
paulgray1984

Cavalier V6. 2 mats missing

Post by paulgray1984 »

I have recently purchased a 1994 Cavalier V6 Auto with just 56k on the clock. The car has been in the original family since new and always garaged. Unfortunately the drivers original and rear mat is missing. Could anyone help
They are a beige colour
Robsey
Club Admin

Re: Cavalier V6. 2 mats missing

Post by Robsey »

Original Cavalier mats are now virtually impossible to obtain.
I have looked for various colours and various model motifs, but all to no avail.

There are a few sellers on ebay that will make mats to fit the Cavalier (allegedly), but I have no experience of whether they are a good fit, or of the quality of materials and workmanship.

By all means feel free to look at Ecat24 for "Vectra-A" parts.
make a note of part numbers, and then run these numbers through Autovaux / Genuine Parts Search.

or use "Vauxhall" and the part number in google or whatever you use to search the internet.
Mazza

Re: Cavalier V6. 2 mats missing

Post by Mazza »

There are afew available on the web but price wise ... a bit daft.

My Suggestion- If you have a old mat or template shape ... ask your local carpet shop ... (nicely - avoid main dealers as waste of time) and they can cut a piece to match.

They will also trim ends with a nice finish.

I got some done a many years for my dad with some left overs. Only cost a tenner then and where miles better

Then also put holes / non slip strips so it stayed in place.

Sadly the car got written off ...!