Mk3 rotten front jacking points

Post queries regarding your Mk3 Cavalier's bodywork and interior (welding, body kits, seats, upholstery etc.) here
Cavy96

Mk3 rotten front jacking points

Post by Cavy96 »

Mate of mind has recently picked up a mk3 SRI 2.0 8v on an l plate 71k on it lovely bodywork and near immaculate interior, trouble is the car was last mot’d in 2006 and not been used and stood ever since, the problem with the car is the front jacking points are virtually non existent right up to near where the subframe mounts all the way round to the bottom of the inner front arches, question is can this be fabricated and plated up or is it best to find a doner car and cut out the sections needed?

Any help is much appreciated.
btcctroy
Mk3 Cavalier Rust Buster

Re: Mk3 rotten front jacking points

Post by btcctroy »

I can fabricate and repair this.
Located in Manchester
Mazza

Post by Mazza »

Firstly congrats on the car. You have a couple of options and depending on the route he wants to go...

1. Try source original or good replacement parts
2. Doner car
3. parts refabricated from scratch.

I know someone who’s bought an excellent condition doner car for the complete back half of the boot floor, rear chassis and orignal new back panel (under the rear lights lights). I’m sure he’ll use other parts from the car as it’s far cheaper. Sadly it means sacrificing another car.

It’s basically been split apart and new parts professionally fitted, including checking the geometry of the car. All exposed panels have been rust protected. Chaps car is a cavalier sri 16v, hatch.

With my Cavalier turbo and I’ve managed to source a good number of original parts ... Some repair work has been professionally fabricated but a long way to go ...

Sourcing original or good quality parts can be a bit of challenge... parts are available but you’ll have to look around. Worth checking on Facebook.. and various Vauxhall detailers

I’d also say check the other panels around the car and make sure you have as much of the parts before you begin.

Alternatively find a good fabricator who’ll take the work on and do the necessary pre work and repairs. Good luck!!!
Robsey
Club Admin

Post by Robsey »

Klokkerholme in Holland do a lot of pretty good pattern parts.
Both of my rear chassis rails are klokkerholme parts bought through Carz2.

Unfortunately importing of the panels can be quite time consuming if they literally miss the boat with the once-monthly shipment.

And if you are within reasonable distance of N.E Manchester / Oldham, then I know Troy above will be able to do a good solid factory-look repair for you.
Mazza

Post by Mazza »

I can confirm Klokkerholme parts are bang on and as Robsey mentioned, I’ve missed their cut off a few times. I was also recommended on these by a few people

I’ve shopped around and Klokkerholme parts are pretty reasonably priced as compared with other suppliers.

It’s gives you a couple of options...
SriMike

Post by SriMike »

Hi thank for posting about my car Ryan.

Troy I have PM you but not sure if it’s gone, could you send me you number so we can have a chat about sorting my cav

Thanks
Mike
Robsey
Club Admin

Post by Robsey »

I will make sure he gets your pm..
SriMike

Post by SriMike »

Cheers Robsey :thumb
Robsey
Club Admin

Post by Robsey »

My pleasure,
Just doing my bit to help both yourself and Troy.
It may be useful to order the parts in if you can, ready for when Troy can fit you in.
Although I am sure he will advise his preferred course of action.

It is always quicker and easier having ready made parts, rather than Troy having to fabricate everything.
Although Troy-made parts look original to the car's chassis.