Mk3 cavalier saloon boot

Post queries regarding your Mk3 Cavalier's bodywork and interior (welding, body kits, seats, upholstery etc.) here
Stevas

Mk3 cavalier saloon boot

Post by Stevas »

Hello all, does anyone know where I could get a new saloon boot? Or a very good condition second hand one. Cheers.
Mazza

Re: Mk3 cavalier saloon boot

Post by Mazza »

Ah, depends what you mean by boot .. boot lid, boot floor...?

Boot lid.. it’s the same for all saloons..

There’s a Standard boot floor .. and then there’s the one specifically designed for the gsi, 4x4 turbos.

The cavalier (gsi / turbo) and Calibra had rear independent suspension... and hence the reasons it’s different, also to accommodate the running gear underneath

Originals are still available, if you shop around. Although these ain’t cheap

Other option if anyone is breaking a car and pull the parts you need...

I’m sure other peeps here and can advise further...
Stevas

Post by Stevas »

Sorry I meant boot lid. Anyone know who has an origional boot lid in stock for a mk3 turbo saloon? Cheers.
Mazza

Post by Mazza »

Doubt you’ll find a new one... Also, it won’t be cheap.

Next best option is to check the scrap yards or know anyone breaking a cavalier.

Plenty of people on Facebook.... worth a look
3cav3

Post by 3cav3 »

Play around with key words on eBay particularly on the German site, it's amazing what I've managed to turn up in the way of obsolete panels when I've spent a spare moment searching.
Also try M and M Opel parts, a great company in Holland and the owner speaks good English.
Mazza

Post by Mazza »

Yes these guys are pretty good. Although the packaging is a bit naff & poor for larger parcels. Also they charge a lot more for bigger items... it’s by weight and size.

I’d say check locally first as it may be a short trip to collect one. In any case will save you a tank of juice compared to the postage costs.