pillar vinyls

Post queries regarding your Mk3 Cavalier's bodywork and interior (welding, body kits, seats, upholstery etc.) here
A-J

pillar vinyls

Post by A-J »

anybody got them? i'm thinking of doing them on mine, either black vinyl or some sticky carbon fibre stuff a-la vectra/zafira GSi. what do you think?
Theres a fine line between stupid and visionary. You just have to be a visionary to see it.
Squig

Re: pillar vinyls

Post by Squig »

not a fan myself... definitely not of fake carbon fibre... see http://www.cfsnet.co.uk
Elwood Blues: "Our Lady of Blessed Acceleration, don't fail me now!"

Gaz loses sleep for my car and helps me with parts at ungodly hours of the day. Awesome
A-J

Post by A-J »

was thinking this...
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/MASSIVE-CARBON-FI ... 240%3A1318

like i say, its only going on the door pillars (for now at least, i'll see how much i have over!)
Theres a fine line between stupid and visionary. You just have to be a visionary to see it.
Envoy CDX
Club Admin

Post by Envoy CDX »

I've toyed with modifying the Vectra cover to fit a cav, but I don't know, I think it is alot to do with the colour of the Cav, will probably try and source some MK3 Cav stripping for the SRI door look.
Check the Rules!

Raw 8v Power! - Bad Cav, Naughty Cav... Cav want's to do 90!

The How2 Index
Gaz

Post by Gaz »

vectra ones are about £60 a set, and its a textured design, its not the square carbon style, could always go matt black the the mk2 astra and nova
dave's.veccy

Post by dave's.veccy »

Vectra ones are triangular design. There are copies available on the bay for 19.99 which ive been looking at to stick back in place for the ones removed from my Vectra
Envoy CDX
Club Admin

Post by Envoy CDX »

dave's.veccy wrote:Vectra ones are triangular design. There are copies available on the bay for 19.99 which ive been looking at to stick back in place for the ones removed from my Vectra
You can't go telling me stuff like that without providing an ebay link you wind up :lol:
But seriously, wouldn't mind seeing what they look like, if you get a set Dave, measure them up and I'll see if they can be "convinced" to fit the cavalier doors :mrgreen:
Check the Rules!

Raw 8v Power! - Bad Cav, Naughty Cav... Cav want's to do 90!

The How2 Index
HAIRIBO

Post by HAIRIBO »

Hey mate, check out my gallery photos, early shots have carbon fibre (vectra ish) pillars, the latest ones (PVS2008) are satin black like off SRi's and CDi's. with window tints they make the car look lower and longer. and a good way of covering up scratchs, I paid £4 for the vynl and a sign writers and stuck it on the night before PVS lol
C30XE