Can anyone help source these?

Post queries regarding your Mk3 Cavalier's bodywork and interior (welding, body kits, seats, upholstery etc.) here
Sean986

Can anyone help source these?

Post by Sean986 »

Not sure if this is the right section but I desperately need to order these:

Gasket between side repeaters and wing as I need to refit them soon for mot but the gaskets were corroded away to nothing

Is there a gasket or seal between rear lights and shell as I seem to have a really bad leak coming from drivers tail light?

Rear end caps for gsi side skirts?

Would be great if anyone could help find these as I'm struggling or part numbers, I know its a long shot just thought I'd ask ?

Thanks

Sean
Sean986

Re: Can anyone help source these?

Post by Sean986 »

Also does anyone know if you can still get the rubber that goes on the aerial on the passenger rear quarter ?
thomas

Post by thomas »

I've seen the gaskets for the antennae on ebay recently, somewhere in eastern-Europe, Bulgaria it is ( item number 265292909433 ). I was searching Vectra-A rather than Cavalier.

I need some side-repeater gaskets too as without the gasket the lenses are quite loose. Resorted to a dab of contact adhesive on each to ensure they'll stay-put, but still twist off, maybe, to change a bulb. Have a couple of spare lenses in case they ever fall off.

For the tail-lamps, if an original foam gasket can't be found, squishy round butyl-rubber strip, a bit like strips of caulking, available in different diameters on a roll might do the job.
--
Cav 1994 1.8LSi 5-dr Jungle Green Pearl: Daily. :D
Sean986

Post by Sean986 »

thomas wrote: Wed Sep 27, 2023 5:21 pm I've seen the gaskets for the antennae on ebay recently, somewhere in eastern-Europe, Bulgaria it is ( item number 265292909433 ). I was searching Vectra-A rather than Cavalier.

I need some side-repeater gaskets too as without the gasket the lenses are quite loose. Resorted to a dab of contact adhesive on each to ensure they'll stay-put, but still twist off, maybe, to change a bulb. Have a couple of spare lenses in case they ever fall off.

For the tail-lamps, if an original foam gasket can't be found, squishy round butyl-rubber strip, a bit like strips of caulking, available in different diameters on a roll might do the job.
Thanks I've just added the aerial gasket to my ebay basket. Did you order a gasket or just see it on ebay?

I tried the lenses on too and saw they were really loose and thought maybe they could be glued on as a last resort once the car is painted. I've got 2 front wings from a mk2 focus and was tempted to swap the side repeater area over as a permanent solution but wasn't sure how this would look.

Great idea with the butyl strip I hadn't thought of that. I'll get some when the tail lights are off for the respray.
thomas

Post by thomas »

I've just ordered an antenna gasket, right after posting here about them, had seen them about a week ago, wasn't sure if they were the right ones.

There are a couple of listings for possibly compatible Cav MK2/Astra/Carlton/Nova side-repeater gaskets and lenses with gaskets (204452991067 and 256229719345).

On butyl-rubber strip, the thinnest, smallest diameter stuff is more useful than thick stuff, you can always double it up, roll it together, but too thick is too much, it becomes incompressible.
--
Cav 1994 1.8LSi 5-dr Jungle Green Pearl: Daily. :D
cavalier1990

Post by cavalier1990 »

Pretty handy site this for trawling part numbers, sometimes it goes offline but usually comes back in a day or two, no 6 for the indicator gasket. I'm not sure if production number is the superseded number of the part number, but you can try both.

https://opel.catalogs-parts.com/#{clien ... #detail=#6

Rear lights the gaskets are part of the unit but you could just use single-sided sticky foam tape.

I also find this site quite handy for all those elusive parts new and 2nd hand, ordered from them before and pretty quick to get to you. It's quite hard to restrict search for Vectra A only so you need to trawl through all the listings. I may be wrong but I'm sure I saw those end caps you were looking for.

https://dg-classicparts.de/pages/search ... cts&page=1

Cheers

Andy
Sean986

Post by Sean986 »

Thanks for all the help I have now added these sites to my favourites and added the ebay items to my basket and watchlist.

As you will see in my wip thread i actually did an aerial delete today so thats one less to order