mickey mouse humping sounds from my interior blower

Post queries regarding your Mk3 Cavalier's bodywork and interior (welding, body kits, seats, upholstery etc.) here
LETSTICK

mickey mouse humping sounds from my interior blower

Post by LETSTICK »

ever since i brought my cav , its had an anoying issue with the interior blower , when on any speed it sounds like mickey mouse is getting busy behind the dash , is it a case of pulling the fan and housing out , and oiling the motor bearings ? , or is there an easier way ???? :cheers
oojimmyflip

Re: mickey mouse humping sounds from my interior blower

Post by oojimmyflip »

I wouldn't lubricate the bearings your likely to short something out and it won't work again esspecially if you use a spray lubricant(WD40 etc) the motor needs to be dry to run smoothly, it could be that the brushes are getting low and loose in their mountings hence the sqweekiy noise it sounds very much like the motor is on its last legs I'd source another before the summer arrives and you want a nice cool blast of air. on the other hand you may have moisture in your motor have you had the car valeted lately? have you kept an eye on your radiator expansion bottle water level? are your windows misting up with the heater on full blast, it could be that the heater matrix is on the way out this will fill the air ducts with moisture.

my sons matrix has just been replaced and the motor squeeks a little perhaps this will give you some pointers> I hope it helps.

regards oojimmyflip. :wave :wave :wave
LETSTICK

Re: mickey mouse humping sounds from my interior blower

Post by LETSTICK »

sourced another fan , when it stops raining i will try it

thanks for the help :cheers