gsi cavalier

Post queries regarding your Mk3 Cavalier's bodywork and interior (welding, body kits, seats, upholstery etc.) here
finty10

gsi cavalier

Post by finty10 »

im thinking of buying a gsi with low miles and the arches have been replaced i know they rot like mad but the man said he will put it up on a lift for me to inspect which is fair enough always wanted a gsi and i currently have a sri do uthink im asking for trouble buying a gsi whats your verdict
Cavalier342

Re: gsi cavalier

Post by Cavalier342 »

I say go for it. Consider all expenses at first, but at the end of the day she's a Cavalier :D and a GSi trim :D One of the wonders of this world ;)
Andrei
Previous:
China Blue 1989 Vauxhall Cavalier L 18SV
Kings Blue 1992 Vauxhall Cavalier LSi Auto C18NZ
Smoke Grey 1994 Vauxhall Cavalier V6 C25XE

Am I a light sleeper or a heavy sleeper? Well that depends on how much I've had to drink...
Colorado

Post by Colorado »

Just have a good look some always have more rust than others. Get a good one and that shouldnt be a problem.
Gaz

Post by Gaz »

id get it if its a good one, the gsi's are noticeably going up in price
finty10

Post by finty10 »

WELL BOUGHT THE GSI NOT TOO BAD UNDERNEATH 4 A GSI 1 BACK ARCH DEAD ON OTHER 1 STARTING TO BUBBLE BUT IM GONA RESTORE IT TO COMPLETE SHOWROOM CONDITION FULL RESPRAY ETC ITS WESTMINISTER BLUE WITH ORIGINAL GSI ALLOYS IM LOOKING TO KNOW IS THERE ANY THREADS ON SEALING WAXING UNDERNEATH AND ARCHES THANKS
Cavalier342

Post by Cavalier342 »

good to hear mate ;) I recommend Waxoyl for most of it, make sure to get as much rusted loose bits off as possible, and for tight spots just use some filler and spray her back up :D
Andrei
Previous:
China Blue 1989 Vauxhall Cavalier L 18SV
Kings Blue 1992 Vauxhall Cavalier LSi Auto C18NZ
Smoke Grey 1994 Vauxhall Cavalier V6 C25XE

Am I a light sleeper or a heavy sleeper? Well that depends on how much I've had to drink...
Colorado

Post by Colorado »

Well done! If you can get a body shop to underseal it when they do the repaint and arch all you have to do is get it cleaned up underneath.
finty10

Post by finty10 »

JUST TOOK A GOOD LOOK ROUND GSI NOT BAD UNDERNEATH BUT INNER ARCHES NEED REPLACED IM GETTING A FULL RESPRAY SO WILL REPLACE INNER AND OUTER ARCHES MAY AS WELL DO IT RIGHT WHERE CAN I GET NEW ARCHES AND MUCH ARE THEY AND ARE THEY HARD TO FIT I WANT TO KEEP HER CAUSE THEY ARE GETTING SO RARE AND PEOPLE ARE JUST SCRAPPING THEM INSTEAD OF FIXING THEM THANKS
Gaz

Post by Gaz »

Id be getting the bodyshop to fit them myself, its really easy to warp panels if you dont know what your doing.

Outer Arches are cheap £20 at most a side, full quarters arnt cheap about £200 or so.