Rear Chassis Frame Leg Sections

Post queries that aren't covered by the other sections in 'The Workshop' here

Moderator: Robsey

ilovedmymantas

Rear Chassis Frame Leg Sections

Post by ilovedmymantas »

"Re: 1994 Cavalier LSi C20NE (was C18NZ) Work-horse
Unread post by cavalier1990 » Mon Nov 28, 2022 6:14 pm

I just checked the current price of those chassis legs you used a while ago.....407 bucks, wowser, is that what they cost when you get them? sure I remember them being in the region of 200 and something?
https://www.carz2.co.uk/vauxhallopel-ve ... 6608-c.asp"

------------------------------------------------------------------

I've posted here :scratch to avoid clogging Robsey's thread.

It's always been my opinion that if I need a part or think that I may need it in the future to keep the car alive I'll buy it. Prices seldom go down, although occasionally there's a bargain to be had - if you're quick.
My recent-buy GM water pump was £17, next day it jumped twice, ending at £42 :o

The same Klokkerholm arm and spring seat parts are available here at almost half that price If you need them..... https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/234182929467 ... Swn1ZhPG20 https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/234182929467?

.... I've still got a pair of KK front wings I bought fourteen years ago for 35 quid that have never been unwrapped because my facelift cav's wings didn't rust. They were only bought because my first cav, a pre-facelift, did.
If I ever need them I hope there won't be much of a problem with panel gap because they're earlier pressings🤔
" It's not rust. It's age-related patina " ;)

1980 vauxhall cavalier MK1 1.6L, 1982 opel manta berlinetta 1.8s, 1985 opel manta 2.0 gte, 1990 cavalier 2.0 gl ,1994 cavalier sri x20xev

-1995 cdx x20xev

---------------
Matt
cavalier1990

Re: Rear Chassis Frame Leg Sections

Post by cavalier1990 »

That's good to see, I wonder if the seller has noticed the price at car2 went up and has not responded yet or just decided to keep it lower to undercut them. Either way, good find, I may just go for a set.
ilovedmymantas

Post by ilovedmymantas »

I only looked here because asc was able to supply spring seats (after i'd had them made up because they weren't available anywhere at the time) so thought worth bookmarking.
I think he hasn't noticed, much like my water pump seller. If you'll need them I wouldn't put it off too long, I've noticed panel prices are also two to four times what they were :o

1980 vauxhall cavalier MK1 1.6L, 1982 opel manta berlinetta 1.8s, 1985 opel manta 2.0 gte, 1990 cavalier 2.0 gl ,1994 cavalier sri x20xev

-1995 cdx x20xev

---------------
Matt
cavalier1990

Post by cavalier1990 »

ilovedmymantas wrote: Fri Dec 02, 2022 2:31 am I only looked here because asc was able to supply spring seats (after i'd had them made up because they weren't available anywhere at the time) so thought worth bookmarking.
I think he hasn't noticed, much like my water pump seller. If you'll need them I wouldn't put it off too long, I've noticed panel prices are also two to four times what they were :o
Went ahead and bought a set, bit of an expense before xmas, but needs must. Cheers for posting that link.
ilovedmymantas

Post by ilovedmymantas »

Happy to help :D
I think christmas has gotten easier for me over the years, the older I get the less i need/want and the family are happy with recent changes- 'cards for adults, gifts for children', it removes a lot of financial pressure from them.

-1995 cdx x20xev

---------------
Matt
Robsey
Club Admin

Post by Robsey »

ilovedmymantas wrote: Tue Dec 06, 2022 3:55 am the older I get the less i need/want and the family are happy with recent changes- 'cards for adults, gifts for children', it removes a lot of financial pressure from them.
I echo the sentiment.... sadly the wife is a shopaholic and buys stuff for people we are not even related to.
Money, or lack of it appears to be a foreign concept to her. :wall