C25XE custom manifolds, de-cat & S/S systems

Post queries regarding your Mk3 Cavalier's fuel system (including ECUs) and exhaust here
cav_2.0_gli

C25XE custom manifolds, de-cat & S/S systems

Post by cav_2.0_gli »

hello,

i was wondering if anyone has a Cavalier/Calibra V6, to which they have fitted a de-cat pipe to.

did you notice any power/torque gains. if so, how much?

also, is there any companies out there that make Stainless Steel exhaust systems, either cat back or complete system for the V6?

only one i can find atm, is Sportex, and its a 'RACE TUBE' middle pipe, which is silencerless, so that will be loud if i fitted it to my cav lol.

everytime ive fitted a 'RACE TUBE', i.e, and a straight through bit of middle pipe that doesnt have a silencer in it, to any of my cars (i fitted a peco middle pipe to my Vectra, and a powerflow one to my 1st cav), it actually made the car slower, and i only noticed it when i re-fitted the original exhaust system back on when i came to sell the car. why is this, as both of them claimed to improve acceleration by having less pressure in the exhaust system lol.

also, is there any companies out there that wont quote me £1500 to weld up some 3 Branch performance Exhaust Manifolds + downpipes for my cav??

cheers
my driveway's like a 1986 vauxhall forecourt lol (apart from my mk3 cav's!
humbucker
Club Admin

Re: C25XE custom manifolds, de-cat & S/S systems

Post by humbucker »

you can go to a custom exhaust place, maybe even somewhere like powerflow, and they will make the exhaust for the car rather than fit a standard set of pipes. you tell 'em what style and sound you're after and then they will make it and fit it to the car so its bespoke. might be your best option. doesnt work out too much more expensive than getting a standard gm replacement system.
v6sri

Post by v6sri »

when i was at pv i spoke to a guy on the janspeed stand about stainless tubular manifolds for my v6 and he said not to bover wiv stainless cuss there proned to crack but he said if i took my motor down there they would nok me up and fit sum custum tubulars in mild steel for about £4/£500 and i said hell yes il see ya when my motors dun cus they will make difference

the race cat is a good idear they do up bhp and there cheaper than gm cats
1.4 l
1.8 gls hatch & x2 saloon
2.0 cdi pre face lift
2.0 dippy pre face lift & 2 face lift
2.0 gls 16v
1.7 TD gls
2.0 sri 130 seh x2
2.0 sri 115 ne saloon
2.5 v6 auto hatch
2.5 v6 cesero
cavyman

Post by cavyman »

l used a piper stainless systyem on my cav l had a dyno graph that was 2 years before the system was fitted then once back on the dyno gained 12bhp and 11lb/ft and having done some 30k since the last dyno cant see how l gained the extra so ... l got good gains from the piper also same dyno was used. l also still have the cat fitted and was lookin at getting manifolds and downpipes LMF sell them now....http://www.lmfvauxhall.co.uk/store/prod ... t=0&page=2 looks the part but price is high hope this helps.
v6sri

Post by v6sri »

ooooh yes they do look the dogs danglys and the price aint that bad plus would be alot cheaper in mild steel witch is what id go for purley bcus i had a 205 wiv a stainless tubular and cus how hot they get when u go threw water or hit a high speed they crack threw the change in temp and thats exactly what my 205 did.

plus once i changed the manifolds on the pug for the original 1 the differance was unreal so i got a mild steel 1 and happy days again ;) the only differance i noticed with stainless and mild steel was the stainless sounded more tinier and the mild 1 was deeper??

that close to the ports its guna coke up anyway
1.4 l
1.8 gls hatch & x2 saloon
2.0 cdi pre face lift
2.0 dippy pre face lift & 2 face lift
2.0 gls 16v
1.7 TD gls
2.0 sri 130 seh x2
2.0 sri 115 ne saloon
2.5 v6 auto hatch
2.5 v6 cesero