Twin 40's on a 16SV

Post queries regarding your Mk3 Cavalier's fuel system (including ECUs) and exhaust here
Cavvyandy

Twin 40's on a 16SV

Post by Cavvyandy »

Can someone give me some advice? thinking about adding some twin 40's to my cavalier but unsure if the parts ive seen are suitable.

I've seen This manifold listed on http://www.tuning.co.uk it is listed for a mk2 astra and cant see any listings for mk3 cavalier with the 1600 sv engine, would it fit ok?

Cheers.

PS, Please, no suggestions of its not worth it or fit an XE/LET or any other engine that hundreds of other people have. Thanks :)
Squig

Re: Twin 40's on a 16SV

Post by Squig »

Cavvyandy wrote:I've seen This manifold listed on http://www.tuning.co.uk it is listed for a mk2 astra and cant see any listings for mk3 cavalier with the 1600 sv engine, would it fit ok?
That should fit fine states, it fits the 8v 1.6 and as far as I'm aware the vauxhall 1.6 8v was shared by the cav and astra in any case.
Cavvyandy wrote:PS, Please, no suggestions of its not worth it or fit an XE/LET or any other engine that hundreds of other people have. Thanks :)
But the 2 litr... :lol:
I like to see people playing with different combinations and a 1.6 8v cav on 40's would be very cool :D
Elwood Blues: "Our Lady of Blessed Acceleration, don't fail me now!"

Gaz loses sleep for my car and helps me with parts at ungodly hours of the day. Awesome
Gaz

Post by Gaz »

If its the small one same as the nova one it should yea. (cant remember if its the larger 1600 or that was on the mk2)

Isnt it the se not the sv?
Cavvyandy

Post by Cavvyandy »

Well AFAIK the E in the engine code denotes Fuel injection. My car is Carb so it would be v.

It's deffo smallblock too.

Cheers :D
Envoy CDX
Club Admin

Post by Envoy CDX »

Cavvyandy wrote:Well AFAIK the E in the engine code denotes Fuel injection. My car is Carb so it would be v.

It's deffo smallblock too.

Cheers :D
16SV engine was used in the Mk3 up till 1992 then was replaced with the c16nz.
Was used in the Mk2 astra, mk2 cav and the nova.
Using the F13 gearbox aye Andy?
Check the Rules!

Raw 8v Power! - Bad Cav, Naughty Cav... Cav want's to do 90!

The How2 Index