Injector noise

Post queries regarding your Mk3 Cavalier's fuel system (including ECUs) and exhaust here
Mk3alan

Injector noise

Post by Mk3alan »

The 8 valve 2 litre engine has a bit of a reputation for valve gear noise, which is actually injector noise.
Has any sort of sound deadening been tried? I am thinking pipe insulation held around the injectors with tape or tiewraps?
Might give it a try.

Alan
Cavalier342

Re: Injector noise

Post by Cavalier342 »

Personally I'd leave it be, at least you know they're working! :lol: I just tend to ignore it on the V6, and use the engine note to overwhelm the tappety injectors.
Previous:
China Blue 1989 Vauxhall Cavalier L 18SV
Kings Blue 1992 Vauxhall Cavalier LSi Auto C18NZ
Smoke Grey 1994 Vauxhall Cavalier V6 C25XE

Am I a light sleeper or a heavy sleeper? Well that depends on how much I've had to drink...
James McGrath
Club Admin

Post by James McGrath »

I think it sound's pretty good as it is.

As long as you have the stock sound deadening on the bonnet you can only really hear the taping when the bonnet is open.
Super89

Post by Super89 »

Mine dont really make much sound. I did have a c20ne Cav and that had noisy ones but that had done 160k+ miles.

why not get them refurbished?
Mikebmth

Post by Mikebmth »

Mine are noisey but then I don't have the sound deadening matt thing from under the bonnet as it was malting all over my engine bay I tore it out and binned it!!

Used to it though, does confuse people as they always think tappets are noisey...lol....
Free Parking is a bonus, leaving my Cav in a carbon dust filled carpark is not.....