FITTING A Sports EXHAUST TO MY CAVALIER PLEASE HELP

Post queries regarding your Mk3 Cavalier's fuel system (including ECUs) and exhaust here
CAV-BAZZA

FITTING A Sports EXHAUST TO MY CAVALIER PLEASE HELP

Post by CAV-BAZZA »

Hello guys as above I want to fit a sports back box to my cavalier I have a sports box already from my 206 but want to modify it to fit the cavalier I seen the brackets on the cavalier but the rear but that connects to the centre pipe has a slight bend, my thought was to cut this off the original back box and put a connector piece and attach it to the sports back box, and buy some universal brackets for the sports box to line up with the brackets under the car, but then I thought no Point in ruining the original box incase I don't like the sports one, so I seen a flexi pipe that will be able to give me that bend that connects to the centre pipe without cutting the original they are around £18 and then buy the universal brackets, will this be ok or does anyone have a alternative thanks
Chip Pan Dan

Re: FITTING A Sports EXHAUST TO MY CAVALIER PLEASE HELP

Post by Chip Pan Dan »

if it was me i'd take it to an exhaust shop, they know what there doing and it shouldn't cost much
CAV-BAZZA

Post by CAV-BAZZA »

Just been thinking as it's a auto, don't think it will sound right with a sports exhaust (loud) what do you guys think
Hayward691

Post by Hayward691 »

I had a de cat on my auto... was loud... loved it...
But as said, being an auto you could clearly hear the gear changes....
Pop it in sport mode or semi manual and hold the revs high sounded sweet :)

Loads of autos have full custom exhausts and sound the nuts :)
CAV-BAZZA

Post by CAV-BAZZA »

Lol in 2 minds with me I know il be having a heavy right foot if I had a loud exhaust I'm thinking of getting a twin tip for it less work and it does sound a bit loud already so will be ok plus it be suttle enuf to pass as a SRI ( I have SRI stickers over it ) any suggestions
Hayward691

Post by Hayward691 »

Twin tips look great, love them!! I had a DTM Scorpion on my first Cav not only looked good but sounded ace!!!
Might be a Video on here somewhere from when i took it down pod :)

Had a Magnex twin tip on my purple plum... again sounded great... Mikebmth on here has it now and looks the part on his Cav too...

Had a Cinquecento 1.2 16v sleeper that had a manifold back straight through duel exit exhaust that was very vocal when i booted it...

Got to go with what you love...
I'm proud to say I love a throaty exhaust that makes some good notes :)

If your trying to keep it looking SRI rep then might just be easier to get an SRI backbox...

Me personally... Duel tip anyday!!! lol
CAV-BAZZA

Post by CAV-BAZZA »

Lol I like it deep I got a old box from a old 206 in the shed so I want to stick it on the cavalier need a hot of modifying but I remember it rumbling like scooby at stand still on the 206 so I will see how it sounds on the auto need to do exhaust and then headlights smoked and hopefully slight tints
CAV-BAZZA

Post by CAV-BAZZA »

The dual tip exhaust lol