Where all the pipes go - fuel tank replacement 1.8i

Post queries regarding your Mk3 Cavalier's fuel system (including ECUs) and exhaust here
cavalier1990

Where all the pipes go - fuel tank replacement 1.8i

Post by cavalier1990 »

Hi

Just getting round to putting tank back in to cavy - M plate 1.8i - after being out about 6 months to do welding and repair work and I'll be buggered if I remember where everything goes back on. On top of tank there is what I am led to believe is the internal pump, there is a pipe from this than runs down and then along the back of tank join, down to under the O/S floor.

I also have the metal pipe that runs along the O/S chassis leg tucked up behind the tank just after the filter. As I replaced this metal pipe with plastic tubing due to rot then, if I remember rightly, it joins to somewhere near the connections under O/S/R floor. I also have the 2 "main" pipes from front of car plus a thin plastic tube as well, which I can't remember where it goes.

There is also a pipe holder coming out of what I believe to be the sender unit, which is in middle lower front facing part of tank. Then there is a small breather pipe connection that runs round the back of the tank join on the N/S, I'm not sure but think that there is a pipe on the filler neck that goes here.

Anyone got a diagram for this? Especially the joins round the back floor area and sender/pump/filter area?

I also replaced the metal pipes from front to back with plastic tubing and that is partially the reason I am getting stumped plus I never took photos or drew down the connections (palms forehead and says doh!)

Cheers

Andrew
colin1

Re: Where all the pipes go - fuel tank replacement 1.8i

Post by colin1 »

You might be able to cobble it together from this lot

https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=diagr ... stallation
93K C20XE Cavalier SRi Hatchback Spectral Blue Metallic
94M X20XEV Cavalier SRi Hatchback Flame Red

96N C14NZ Corsa B 4-dr Flame Red'ish