Fuel rail feed and return fuel hose

Post queries regarding your Mk3 Cavalier's fuel system (including ECUs) and exhaust here
Nova_Tek

Fuel rail feed and return fuel hose

Post by Nova_Tek »

In the efforts to resurrect the Cav, I tried starting it today after 3 years (yes I turned engine over by hand after dropping some oil into the cylinders and removed the coil pack lead to allow priming of oil around engine during initial crank).

I came across an immediate issue which was the fuel feed hose to the fuel rail which is connected by a union, was peeing out fuel once the pump had primed.

Hoses 7 & 8 in image

These hoses seem to be a little hard to get and buying one each from gps is going to equal £60. So my plan B is to buy the union connectors and couple it with my endless amounts of fuel hose I have at home. Only issue is that I didn't measure the thread sizes and hose sizes before I left the car (Cav is stored away from my home).

Can someone please tell me what size internal diameter hose is required for feed and return fuel hoses and the thread size of the union connection to the fuel rail. I can go get a couple brass unions with barbed connections for a few quid.

Engine is an X20XEV from a 1994 Cav SRi.

Much appreciated :thumb