Fuel pipe

Post queries regarding your Mk3 Cavalier's fuel system (including ECUs) and exhaust here
3cav3

Fuel pipe

Post by 3cav3 »

Does anyone know what diameter bore the fuel pipe from the pump to the carb on a 1.8 cav is please. Mines just burst and I haven't got any tools with me at home to remove and measure.
Robsey
Club Admin

Re: Fuel pipe

Post by Robsey »

if it is plastic pipe, it is 8mm outside diameter

if it is the rubber hose from the yellow vapour separator, then it is 6 mm bore.

They are the only pipes / hoses identified in Ecat 24 and EPC for the 18SV (Pierburg 2e3 carb) set up.
(A good carb as long as the auto choke is functioning correctly)
3cav3

Post by 3cav3 »

This is a short length of rubber hose with cloth braiding. It goes from the cam operated fuel pump to the carb. It was ok when last run about 6 months ago but after starting up it began spraying fuel all over the engine. 8mm outside, would that be around 6mm bore?
Robsey
Club Admin

Post by Robsey »

Those were the two hoses listed.

From memory, I thought the fuel went from the mechanical pump to a yellow vapour separator and then from the vapour separator to the carb.

I suspect that any motor factors would have similar hose.

Simply take your split hose to your local factors.

6mm bore seems most likely...
What diameter is the pump stub?
3cav3

Post by 3cav3 »

hi, thanks for your help. Managed to find an odd length in the shed, and after warming it up, just about slid on. Now just need to replace the drive shaft gaitor and the white one is ready for its MOT then sadly sale.