Rapid parts delivery 1990 Cavalier. corroded item

Post queries regarding your Mk3 Cavalier's fuel system (including ECUs) and exhaust here
bobthevoice

Rapid parts delivery 1990 Cavalier. corroded item

Post by bobthevoice »

Hi there again people, last Tuesday i noticed a slight rattle from under the car and after jacking the car up i saw that the factory weld had failed on the centre exhaust. So i start to look on the web and i find the part from a supplier based in London at the cost of £36 delivered. so i think cushty and order the exhaust. then i read that the part is coming from Poland and i think how long is that going to take to get to Glasgow 1-2 weeks? who knows. :wall in fact the part was delivered to my door within 2 days :wave :o impressive or what eh?

Bob
Mk3alan

Re: Rapid parts delivery 1990 Cavalier. corroded item

Post by Mk3alan »

Good service! I usually put the joints together with a smear of copper slip to ensure they slide together nicely and stand a chance of coming apart again.
I have had a few GM parts from Poland and have (so far) been pleased with the service.

Alan
Cavalier342

Post by Cavalier342 »

That's very impressive considering it came from overseas.
Previous:
China Blue 1989 Vauxhall Cavalier L 18SV
Kings Blue 1992 Vauxhall Cavalier LSi Auto C18NZ
Smoke Grey 1994 Vauxhall Cavalier V6 C25XE

Am I a light sleeper or a heavy sleeper? Well that depends on how much I've had to drink...
Envoy CDX
Club Admin

Post by Envoy CDX »

Aye, it's impressive how fast things can get here these days considering uk companies can take twice that within the UK for the same if not more money (not at all talking about Royal Snail..)
Check the Rules!

Raw 8v Power! - Bad Cav, Naughty Cav... Cav want's to do 90!

The How2 Index
Robsey
Club Admin

Post by Robsey »

Postage is great apart from Holland and Germany, where it always costs twice the price of the product.

I once saw some trim clips for about 40 pence each... so an order for about 3 Euros.
The frightening bit was the carriage price of over 15 euros... ouch!!
Suffice to say, I did not bother.

As for UK based mail / postal services. On the whole most of my parcels have been quick to arrive, but occasionally you will get a parcel that takes over a week to arrive for no apparent reason.