Fuel send & return pipes to fuel rail.

Post queries regarding your Mk3 Cavalier's fuel system (including ECUs) and exhaust here
Nova_Tek

Fuel send & return pipes to fuel rail.

Post by Nova_Tek »

So I recently ditched the union fitting fuel pipes on the X20XEV as they cracked sitting around, and buying a new set was ridiculously expensive, so I switched to standard push fit fuel hoses onto barbed connections that fit on to the fuel rail.

Unfortunately, I made a schoolboy error and removed them both at the same time without making a mental note of which hose connects to which side of the fuel rail.

Does someone have a photo of what hose goes where? If not, can someone just briefly explain which fuel pipe connects to what side of the fuel rail?

I'll be preparing the Cavalier for it's first start after 3 years and need to make sure all that stuff is in order.

Much appreciated :thumb
ilovedmymantas

Re: Fuel send & return pipes to fuel rail.

Post by ilovedmymantas »

just had a look.
from the front of car the feed pipe goes on the right of the rail and is the top hose.

" It's not rust. It's age-related patina " ;)

1980 vauxhall cavalier MK1 1.6L, 1982 opel manta berlinetta 1.8s, 1985 opel manta 2.0 gte, 1990 cavalier 2.0 gl ,1994 cavalier sri x20xev

-1995 cdx x20xev

---------------
Matt
Nova_Tek

Post by Nova_Tek »

Legend!

Looking at the orientation of the photo... Top hose goes to the furthest connection on the fuel rail and bottom hose goes to the nearest connection of the fuel rail.

Excellent :thumb
ilovedmymantas

Post by ilovedmymantas »

Nova_Tek wrote:Looking at the orientation of the photo... Top hose goes to the furthest connection on the fuel rail and bottom hose goes to the nearest connection of the fuel rail.

Spot on

Happy to help :)
" It's not rust. It's age-related patina " ;)

1980 vauxhall cavalier MK1 1.6L, 1982 opel manta berlinetta 1.8s, 1985 opel manta 2.0 gte, 1990 cavalier 2.0 gl ,1994 cavalier sri x20xev

-1995 cdx x20xev

---------------
Matt
Nova_Tek

Post by Nova_Tek »

Cheers :thumb