Exhaust part numbers

Post queries regarding your Mk3 Cavalier's fuel system (including ECUs) and exhaust here
dorsetdave

Exhaust part numbers

Post by dorsetdave »

I have just been told by the person servicing my CD Cavalier that the middle pipe and silencer needs replacing. There seems some doubt amongst suppliers locally as to the correct part because my car is an auto.

Can anyone let me know the Vauxhall part numbers for my system? If I could get the numbers for each part that would be even better.

Car is 2.0 8v CD hatchback automatic, with cat. first registered 11 March 1994 and UK supplied.

Thanks for looking
1993 LS 2.0 8V auto Saloon. Satin Red
1994 CD 2.0 8V auto Hatch. Nautilus
1986 1.8i auto cabrio only 8000 miles. Polar white
Mk3alan

Re: Exhaust part numbers

Post by Mk3alan »

http://ecat24.com/opel/catalog/models/1/

This website is very useful!
Put you VIN number in and it should call up all parts fitted at manufacture, change to English unless your ok with French!

Alan
dorsetdave

Re: Exhaust part numbers

Post by dorsetdave »

Thanks Alan, my French is ok but the English translation is much more relaxing!
I had a look on that site but it seems that the pipe for my car is only available from an overseas seller with a long delivery time, not to mention the cost. Perhaps that's because it's an auto. There is a UK supplied suggested pipe but it does not show the GM number as an equivalent. Someone is supposed to be getting back to me with a UK Bosal part number. If this doesn't help then it may be the UK one and the welding torch.
Thanks again for your help.
1993 LS 2.0 8V auto Saloon. Satin Red
1994 CD 2.0 8V auto Hatch. Nautilus
1986 1.8i auto cabrio only 8000 miles. Polar white