Klarius exhausts

Post queries regarding your Mk3 Cavalier's fuel system (including ECUs) and exhaust here
ilovedmymantas

Klarius exhausts

Post by ilovedmymantas »

Klarius seems to have the most available exhaust parts these days, not cheap but at least guaranteed. Their online images are used by everyone on ebay regardless of quality :roll:
If this link doesn't work you'll need to sign up (free) for the online catalogue, all cavs covered. ,http://webcat.klarius.eu/cgi-bin/cat507 ... lvzq5LwqIw

This site links to interchangeable parts: https://www.yoyopart.com/oem/2387847/kl ... nterchange

It looks like these short journeys are are exhaust killers, can i blame ethanol yet? :lol:
" It's not rust. It's age-related patina " ;)

1980 vauxhall cavalier MK1 1.6L, 1982 opel manta berlinetta 1.8s, 1985 opel manta 2.0 gte, 1990 cavalier 2.0 gl ,1994 cavalier sri x20xev

-1995 cdx x20xev

---------------
Matt
chrisp

Re: Klarius exhausts

Post by chrisp »

Yes, Klarius does look as though the can supply Cavalier exhausts that fit, even quoting the original GM part numbers on their webiste. However, I was disappointed with the back box I got from them for my Cav V6. This is a specific desgn for the V6 and it did indeed look like the original rusty one it was replacing. However, I found that, when fitted with the original rubber hangars the tail pipe was jammed hard up against the rear bumper. I eventually fixed this by getting longer hangars, but this was limited because if the system was lowered sufficiently for the tail pipe to clear the bumper, the upward bend over the rear axle beam contacted this beam and rubbed against the hand brake cable. I eventually had to resort to cutting off the tail pipe and adding a separately bought downward curved version which then gave just enough room for everything to fit without fouling anything.
1993 Cavalier V6 Auto in Smoke Grey Metallic
James McGrath
Club Admin

Re: Klarius exhausts

Post by James McGrath »

I have a Klarius back box on Lizzie's 2.0i 8v.
Seems decent enough. I put it on there about 3 months ago and it still looks shiny so the corrosion protection on them must be fairly good at the very least.