The first problem

Post queries regarding your Mk3 Cavalier's fuel system (including ECUs) and exhaust here
natt man

The first problem

Post by natt man »

Well i had my first ever prob with the cav today, driving the missus to work and i can smell fuel real bad so i decide to pull over and investigate. popped the bonnet and straight away i can see fuel pi**ing out of the regulator. O feck. turn it off an get a mate round for a tow back to base. (had the kiddies in the car so like hell was i gona risk driving back) after a closer look i discover its just a perished pipe that has decided to throw in the towel, quick trip to halfrauds for the pipe and all's well. for the time being at least. lol. not a difficult job, just fiddly, had to remove the iscv, injector loom and the breather pipe from the rocker so i could get my hands in. next job is to re-stick the vauxhall badge to the front of the bonnet after it made a break for it when i slammed the bonnet in frustration, (not going to do that again :D ) do you ever get the feeling your car is laughing at you?..................... :D
DRIVES: Vauxhall Cavalier GLi 2L 8V NE
Cavyman_130

Re: The first problem

Post by Cavyman_130 »

:D least you got it fixed matey
FoxyCav

Post by FoxyCav »

Ive owned my Cav for 3 years and this last year EVERYTHING on it decided to piss me off by either breaking or needing fixed. I cant really complain as our Cavs are getting on now. but i had a few moments when i thought right thats it, the bloody thing is GOING. Luckily i have a really handy boyfriend (hi gaz lol :P ) who persuaded me to keep the car, its pretty mint for its age (bar the usual scratch etc) and he sorted it for me. Worst one was the Petrol feed pipe pissing petrol all over the engine bay :cry: Not good. Gaz had to cut the pipe down at the side of the road and re-attach it.

all the joys of owning older cars , but they do try your patience at times
Cavyman_130

Post by Cavyman_130 »

Oh yeah totally, been a few times when iv been P'd off with the cav but overall its reliability has been fantastic and yeah they need more care than newer cars but damn they are worth it 8-)
Rich P

Post by Rich P »

havnt got to the stage yet where im feeling frustrated with the cav,in fact,i like it even more as the time goes by :D
Drives a 1989 Mk3 cav sri 2.0 8v SEH
Gaz

Post by Gaz »

if something brakes fix it, eventually there will be nothing left to break and you have a nice mint cav
natt man

Post by natt man »

if something brakes fix it, eventually there will be nothing left to break and you have a nice mint cav
like the sound of that. :D
DRIVES: Vauxhall Cavalier GLi 2L 8V NE