air filters

Post queries regarding your Mk3 Cavalier's fuel system (including ECUs) and exhaust here
finty10

air filters

Post by finty10 »

well does anybody no for sure like proven by the rolling road that a performance panel filter with original airbox is better than a cone filter on a redtop or should i just use original filter and airbox thanks
toptune

Re: air filters

Post by toptune »

finty10 wrote:well does anybody no for sure like proven by the rolling road that a performance panel filter with original airbox is better than a cone filter on a redtop or should i just use original filter and airbox thanks
why not try for your self and let the forum know the results,
have you tried modded stock airbox with a panel filter and cold air feed
finty10

air filters

Post by finty10 »

well just back from the rolling road today thats why i was asking last night my redtop with cone powercap decat and scorpion monza exhaust is putting out 142 bhp with 142ftlb of torque i thought it would be more but still a a fast sri was wondering is all rolling roads the same as lad put his mk 3 gsi astra redtop on one 5 months ago at 163bhp and on the one today it came up as 144bhp thats not right and car going 100% what u think thanks
Gaz

Post by Gaz »

Doesnt work like that with RR's you can only compare figures from the same place really, one place could be more/less accurate, could have ran in a different gear, theres too many factors to say why one result could be so much higher than another.
finty10

Post by finty10 »

well i just replaced my cone filter with standard filter and airbox and big improvement il never use a cone filter on a redtop again im also looking to put a cold air feed to the airbox either inside it or up to holes that i might cut on the wing side of it what do u think is the best idea anybody any photos advice thanks also if i cut the pipe that goes inside bottom of airbox off this would give more flow wouldent it how do u derestrict airbox too