decat pipes on c20xe's

Post queries regarding your Mk3 Cavalier's fuel system (including ECUs) and exhaust here
old_skool

decat pipes on c20xe's

Post by old_skool »

when i bought the cav the guy before me had butchered it a little (dodgy air filter,decat etc) because of this i haven't been able to tell the difference between standard and modded to compare performance

after fitting a cat to the car for the mot i must say DON'T DO IT IN THE FIRST PLACE i have fitted decat to other cars and seen a improvement but fitting a cat on the car has made a vast improvement smother acceleration and a notable change mid to high range torque

if anyone is thinking of fitting a decat to a redtop try if you can to get a before and after rolling road printout i would love to know if there are any real gains to doing it
93 16v SRI hatchback (C20XE)
Greig Sri

Re: decat pipes on c20xe's

Post by Greig Sri »

I had a de cat pipe on my Cav when I first put it on the road years ago. Only diffrence that I could tell was the noise. Loud as hell with no cat on, so the cat went back a few days later. The pipe was never on long enuf to tell if it made any diffrence to the performance of the car.

Greig
1993 Cavalier SRi C20XE (off road till better weather comes)
Astra SRi XP 150 estate 1.9 (the run around)
old_skool

Re: decat pipes on c20xe's

Post by old_skool »

yeah agreed noise has dropped dramatically the car is now more cavvy less chavvy

after driving it for a about 500miles i have noticed that very low end torque has dropped and mid to high end torque has raised also after doing the cat and lambda i do about 35mpg average instead of the 25mpg average i was getting
93 16v SRI hatchback (C20XE)