Two Cavaliers spotted.

Taken note of a Mk3 Cavalier on your travels? We'd love to hear about it!
3cav3

Two Cavaliers spotted.

Post by 3cav3 »

Since owning my Cav, ive never spotted another until May. The first was a very tidy black one, in Monmouth,N809CRO, and the other less than a week later in Staffordshire, was a reasonable K plate white one.
Mk3alan

Re: Two Cavaliers spotted.

Post by Mk3alan »

Unfortunately, they are few and far between!
Very popular vehicle in its day, not sure how many were made.

Alan
James McGrath
Club Admin

Post by James McGrath »

Somewhere around 1 million MK3s were on British roads.

Just under 900,000 of those were made in this country at Luton, the rest imported.

I believe less than 4,000 are taxed on British roads today and the number is falling all the time.
Not a happy thought really.
3cav3

Post by 3cav3 »

Didn't realise there was a million, but I do remember them being everywhere. Back in 99-2000, you could go out with under a grand and have your pick of them.
Heres the black one I spotted. Very tidy.
Mk3alan

Post by Mk3alan »

It's amazing how very popular cars just disappear in a short space of time.
Don't think I've ever seen a black one?

Alan
3cav3

Post by 3cav3 »

Mk3alan wrote:It's amazing how very popular cars just disappear in a short space of time.
Don't think I've ever seen a black one?

Alan
Yes, I can't think of any other car that was quite so popular, yet has just vanished seemingly overnight.
I meant to add that the grand would only get you a phase one model in those days. I allways wanted a phase two model, but needed at least two grand for them, and at the time I was only in my late teens so spent a vast chunk of my wages insuring the car. Sadly I can't find any photos of my two, G676VNM and H212CGS. Searching dvla, there's no record of either. Both 1.6 L.
Mk3alan

Post by Mk3alan »

Gone to the great scrapyard in the sky!
Bought my CD in 1996 and it cost me £3800! Knocked it down from £3950 because passenger door wouldn't unlock - plug was unplugged!
Lady was selling it for her deceased husband (Bank manager) , went to view it in Brentwood and during my test drive took a wrong turn and ended up on the M25 (no tax or mot!) did miles, I think she though I was kidnapping her.
All ended well and still enjoy driving and looking after my CD 21 years later!

Alan
3cav3

Post by 3cav3 »

I've just purchased an almost identical cav to my first one, everything is the same bar it's got a 1.8 instead of the 1.6. Even on a g plate. Anyone around the Hereford / Monmouth area keep a look out for a white one and a green one, you can almost guarantee it'll be me.
Cavalier342

Post by Cavalier342 »

They definitely are getting very rare now, only seen a few different ones in my area the last couple of years or so. Usually tatty looking with some old geizer driving.
Previous:
China Blue 1989 Vauxhall Cavalier L 18SV
Kings Blue 1992 Vauxhall Cavalier LSi Auto C18NZ
Smoke Grey 1994 Vauxhall Cavalier V6 C25XE

Am I a light sleeper or a heavy sleeper? Well that depends on how much I've had to drink...